Here are a few tips to focus on when upgrading wood flooring.
1. Ponder basic questions
You can organize your thoughts about the color of your new floor by deciding whether you prefer a traditional medium shade or a trendy light or dark shade.
Textures like wire-brushed and distressed add visual appeal, and they are used to enhance a particular decorating style.
Choose wider planks if you favor a time-honored look or if you want to create an illusion of a larger space in a small area.
2. Consider engineered wood as well as traditional solid wood
Engineered wood looks the same in your home as solid hardwood flooring. But engineered wood differs in two primary ways, making it the better choice for your flooring upgrade when you consider your lifestyle and application.
● have a hardwood surface and a plywood base that is not damaged by moisture.
● are designed for floating floor installation, so they do not need to be nailed to a subfloor.
3. Think about the differences between unfinished and prefinished solid hardwood flooring.
It's easier to install prefinished solid hardwood planks than unfinished planks, so it's not surprising that many homeowners immediately choose this option.
But it's wise to think about these facts first:
● A floor has a flush look when it’s constructed with unfinished planks.
● Unfinished planks offer the flexibility of creating a customized look.
● With on-site installation, snugly-placed planks are well-sealed.
Choose us for your hardwood flooring upgrade today!
Floor Coverings International is a hardwood flooring company with a showroom in Shelburne, VT, and Cherry Hill, NJ. In addition, we install wood floors in Burlington, VT, Eastern PA, and South Jersey, including Laurel, Voorhees, Marlton, Mt. Laurel, and Haddonfield.
Each job begins with a free estimate, so contact us today to start your hardwood flooring upgrade.