Learn the top three concerns of home carpet shoppers and how Cherry Hill FCI fixes them all.
“It was a smooth and easy process. I was amazed at how quick they came out and everything went just as they said it would. It was a very nice experience.” – Shannon M.
When it comes to residential flooring options, nothing provides your home with sound absorption, warmth, and overall comfort like carpet. With so many different colors, materials and designs available, picking new carpet for your home can be an overwhelming process. Lucky for you, you don’t have to do it alone.
Cherry Hill FCI’s expert Design Associates are ready and able to help you make the best choice for your space, traffic, and budget needs. Here is a guide to three top areas of customer concern, and how CHFCI will step you painlessly through them.
BALANCING BUDGET WITH FUNCTION AND STYLE
Quality carpet doesn’t have to cost a fortune. In fact, many hidden expenses can be lurking in low-price selections – such as low durability, short life span, and stain retention – that end up costing you more in the long run.
You can make the most of your budget by choosing the best carpet for each room. For example, stain-resistant fibers may be worth the splurge in the family room, but more affordable low-traffic carpeting may be just fine for guest rooms.
Also, if you have children or pets, ask about carpet tile instead of rolled carpeting; that way, rather than replacing the entire room after a few years of spills and stains, you can replace single tiles as needed to keep your carpet looking fresh and new.
Consult your Design Associate for your best options.
CHOOSING THE BEST FIBER FOR YOUR ROOM
All fibers are not created equal when it comes to handling the unique challenges, uses, and traffic patterns of your home life. Consider the following fiber comparison notes when picking new carpet for your space:
- Wool is the luxury and performance standard for residential carpet, showcasing the highest levels of comfort, durability, indoor air quality, and stain resistance. Understandably, it also requires the highest financial investment, therefore only accounting for about 3% of carpet sales. (Note: There are acrylic carpets that offer look and feel of wool at a much lower price, but because the fiber tends to break down and pill, it’s not typically found in room-size options.)
- Nylon outperforms all other synthetic fibers in durability, resilience and easy maintenance. With proper care, nylon carpet can last a decade or longer, even in high-traffic areas, and in homes with children and pets.
- Polyester carpet is stain resistant, very soft, and luxurious underfoot, and is available in varied and vibrant colors, however it is harder to clean, less durable than nylon, and tends to shed. Polyester is best used in low-traffic areas like bedrooms, and in households without children or pets.
- Olefin (polypropylene) is an attractive, inexpensive fiber that’s strong and resists fading, but it’s not as resilient as nylon. Olefin is most frequently made into a looped Berber weave that excels at concealing dirt, and it has good stain, static, and mildew resistance. Olefin carpeting is often selected for high-traffic “clean” areas such as family rooms and play areas.
GETTING THE BEST INSTALLATION…ON TIME!
The quality of your carpet’s installation is just as important as the quality of the carpet itself. There are many carpet showrooms, flooring companies, and large department stores competing for your business, but none of them come close to the reputation, professionalism, and all around helpfulness of Cherry Hill FCI.
Start to finish, we treat your home carpet project with all of the special attention that it deserves, and our installation standards are a huge part of that. Our expert installation team will:
- Treat your home as if it were our own. Cleanup of the flooring area, gentle removal and replacement of furniture, and respect for your privacy and space are included and done very carefully.
- Pay close attention to detail. A second-rate installer can leave behind obvious seams, lumps, bumps and other issues. Cherry Hill FCI is thankful you chose us for picking new carpet for your home, and we reward your investment with quality installation that will delight and comfort your family for years to come.
- Complete your project on time. We pride ourselves in maintaining and updating you on timelines, because we value your time as much as our own.
Call Cherry Hill FCI at 856.324.4849 for your free in-home estimate today!