- Understand Installation Costs: Unless you plan on laying down your own tiles, there will obviously be some important up-front and installation costs to in installing types of commercial flooring. But FCI will walk you through your options!
- Researching Materials: There are many great options out there today for material types, including carpet, tile, luxury vinyl, laminate, and hardwood. Which material will work best for your needs, and meet the aesthetics that you are looking for?
- Establish Amount of Foot Traffic: Are you putting down floor for a back hallway, or for a front entrance to your building? Is it a showroom floor or office spaces? This will be very important for the type and durability of the flooring, and also wear and tear.
- Determine Needs for Safety and Comfort: Do you need floors that need to be mopped but also need to be prepared for slip-and-fall type hazards, or do you want carpet for a more welcoming atmosphere?
- Plan for Maintenance and Long-Term Care: How often and what methods will you be using for cleaning and maintaining the floors, and are you thinking about long term? Joseph Lewitin suggests that it may be better to spend more money up front for a longer-lasting floor.
- Create a File for the future: Finally, he suggests to keep a file to note how well the floor holds up over time, and how the floor has been worn and used over time, so that you can be well-prepared for a future re-installation of flooring.
At Floor Coverings International Cherry Hill, we have top industry specialists who will help you through this process in finding types of commercial flooring, starting with an free on-site consultation!
New Jersey: 856-616-9566 | Pennsylvania: 215-757-3377 | Vermont: 802-891-9264
Types of Commercial Flooring | Commercial Flooring Options