Replacing or renovating your commercial floors? Every commercial site is unique and requires customized flooring solutions. If you are deciding whether commercial wood floors near Cherry Hill or commercial carpet is right for your commercial space, it’s best to weigh the pros and cons between the two.
Let’s begin with the advantages of commercial wood floors.
- A great investment. If you own your own property, then installing Cherry Hill commercial wood floors may increase the value of your property. This is good news because natural hardwood flooring can be expensive depending on the species of wood and amount of wood needed.
- Long lasting. Commercial hardwood, when properly cleaned and maintained, can last for over 10 years.
- Low maintenance care and cleaning required for smooth commercial hardwood.
- Allergy resistance is another benefit of commercial wood flooring. Unlike carpet, wood floors don’t trap dust and dirt.
- When commercial wood flooring gets damaged, it can be sanded down and refinished which is easier than replacing the entire floor.
There are some disadvantages to commercial hardwood as well.
- Cost. If you are working with a limited budget for flooring, and don’t own your business, than it may be best to consider alternative flooring options.
- Wood loses its shine over time even with regular cleaning, so you will have to have the floor waxed.
- Commercial wood flooring is vulnerable to moisture and humidity which deteriorates the wood over time. Wood flooring should be cleaned using only a damp mop.
How Does Commercial Carpet Compare to Commercial Wood Floors Near Cherry Hill?
Many businesses today are choosing carpet over hardwood and not only to reduce costs. Commercial Carpet has its own distinct advantages.
- Versatility. Carpet comes in nearly limitless colors, styles, textures and patterns that compliment any commercial area.
- Reduces noise. This is a great benefit especially in busy office spaces where there’s a great deal of foot traffic.
- Safety. If you slip and fall, carpet can protect you better than commercial wood can.
- Energy conservation. Commercial carpeting retains warm air longer making it more energy conscious than hardwood.
- Comfort. Walking on carpet is more comfortable than walking on hardwood, which is important if you’re on your feet all day.
Some commercial carpet flooring disadvantages are:
- Retains dust and dirt. Commercial carpet traps allergens which may cause people with allergies to suffer.
- High maintenance cleaning required. Typically commercial carpets need to be vacuumed regularly and deep cleaned at least once a year.
- Stain absorbent. While it is possible to invest in stain resistant carpet, it still requires some effort to keep a carpet completely clean.
- If used in a moist environment, carpet is prone to producing mildew which can also negatively affect allergy sufferers.
While there is no perfect commercial flooring product, there are some great options. We recommend consulting with one of our expert Design Associates to help you choose the best commercial wood floors near Cherry Hill for your business. Floor Coverings International has commercial laminate floors, commercial tile floors, pergo floors, in addition to hardwood and carpet floors. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please call us today!
New Jersey: 856-616-9566 Pennsylvania: 215-757-3377 Vermont: 802-891-9264
We look forward to hearing from you!
Commercial Wood Floors Near Cherry Hill | Commercial Wood Floor Near Cherry Hill