Sustainable Commercial Flooring: Making Your Business Eco-Friendly
Discover the Top Three Types of Sustainable Flooring for Your Business
Do you care about the environment? Because your customers probably do.
Consumers cite environmental sustainability as one of the most important factors they consider when deciding where to make their purchases. Sustainable commercial flooring is a great way to show customers your business takes its environmental responsibility seriously. Learn about the top eco-friendly flooring options from Floor Coverings International so you can take a big step towards sustainability.
As one of the fastest-growing plants on earth, bamboo is a highly renewable source that makes it a fantastic commercial floor covering. It’s one of the best eco-friendly flooring options on the market and is growing in popularity every year. As an added benefit, bamboo is a recyclable material, making it even an more attractive choice of sustainable commercial flooring.
Benefits of Bamboo Flooring:
- It’s unique: For businesses looking for a commercial flooring option that will make them stand out, bamboo flooring is an excellent choice. You can choose between vertical, horizontal, or strand woven bamboo flooring to find the unique look that captures the image you want.
- It’s stylish: Bamboo flooring is prized for its aesthetics. It instantly brings a modern look to any décor with its clean and contemporary design. Like traditional hardwood flooring, bamboo flooring can also be finished.
- It’s durable: Bamboo is one of the strongest materials in the world for commercial floor coverings. High-quality bamboo is highly resistant to scratches, dents, and wear and tear. However, not all bamboo flooring is created equal, so make sure you get your bamboo floor from a reputable source, like Floor Coverings International.
Commercial Carpet Flooring
Commercial carpet flooring today is more environmentally sustainable than ever before.
Most commercial carpet today is certified as Green Label Plus, which means it meets rigorous environmental standards. Many carpets today are also manufactured from recycled materials, making it a sustainable commercial flooring option. Not only are recycled carpets required to meet the same performance standards as non-recycled carpets, they also can earn points towards your building’s LEED score.
Benefits of Commercial Carpet:
- It improves air quality: Carpet captures allergens and dust in the air and traps them until they can be vacuumed up during cleaning. This removes particles that would have otherwise been floating in your workplace. Furthermore, new manufacturing innovations have reduced carpet chemical byproduct emissions by over 80%.
- It reduces noise: According to experts, noise is the #1 distraction in the workplace. Commercial carpet naturally absorbs sound, cutting down on this productivity killer and creating a better work environment. It also acts as a sound barrier by preventing sound from escaping from between floors and under doors.
- It reduces the risk of injury: Commercial carpet offers traction and cushioning, reducing the risk of someone slipping and falling. But even if someone does fall, the padding carpet provides greatly reduces the risk of injury, especially when compared to floors like hardwood and natural stone.
Cork flooring has recently reemerged as a popular and sustainable commercial flooring option in recent years. Cork floors are made from natural materials, primarily using the bark from cork oak trees. Cork bark is highly renewable because collecting the bark doesn’t hurt the trees and it grows back every three years.
Benefits of Cork Flooring:
- It’s long-lasting: Cork flooring is very durable and, when properly cared for, can last a long time, even in high-traffic environments. With fairly minimal maintenance, cork floors can last for 30 years or longer.
- It offers flexibility: Commercial cork flooring offers a high degree of design flexibility that appeals to many business owners. Unlike some other floor coverings, cork flooring can be stained or painted to fit any décor and suit any preference.
- It’s tough: When it comes to durable commercial floors, cork flooring is hard to beat. It’s classified as a resilient flooring by the Resilient Floor Coverings Institute, and for good reason. Not only is cork flooring resistant to scratches and dents, it’s also heat resistant and fire retardant.
Show your customers you take your environmental responsibility seriously with one of these sustainable commercial flooring options. For more information or to schedule a free consultation, contact Floor Coverings International today!