Commercial Vinyl Flooring Planks vs. Vinyl Sheets
Looking for Commercial Vinyl Flooring? Learn Which Option is Best for You!
Commercial vinyl flooring is one of the best flooring investments you can make for your business. Two popular vinyl flooring options are commercial vinyl flooring planks and commercial vinyl flooring sheets. Both have their own advantages, so the best vinyl flooring for you will depend on your needs and preferences. Learn why choosing commercial vinyl is a great investment and discover which style is the right one for you.
Why Choose Commercial Vinyl Flooring?
You have a lot of commercial floor coverings to choose from when you decide to buy a floor, so why choose vinyl at all? In reality, vinyl is one of the best flooring materials for commercial use. There are several advantages to choosing commercial vinyl, including:
- Vinyl flooring is one of the most durable options on the market, earning its place in the resilient flooring category. All vinyl flooring options are highly resistant to denting, scratching, scuffing and general wear and tear. You’ll find that vinyl flooring is optimal for high-traffic areas, making it ideal for businesses.
- Thanks to advances in flooring technology, today’s commercial vinyl flooring is available in a wide variety of colors, patterns and designs. In addition, vinyl flooring is resistant to mold, mildew and moisture, meaning it can be placed in nearly any environment you choose. Between its aesthetic options and resistant surface layer, vinyl is one of the most versatile commercial floor coverings you can buy.
- For price-conscious buyers, vinyl flooring is an excellent choice for commercial flooring. The best vinyl flooring can closely imitate the look of natural materials, such as high-end hardwood or stone, at a fraction of the cost. It’s long life cycle and low maintenance requirements only adds to the value, making commercial vinyl a great investment.
Advantages of Commercial Vinyl Flooring Planks
There are several reasons to choose commercial vinyl flooring planks for your business. In addition to the above benefits that come with all of the vinyl flooring options, vinyl plank has additional advantages and is attractive to many business owners because:
- It’s able to be replaced in sections
- If a portion of your vinyl plank flooring is damaged, you have the option of removing the affected planks and replacing them without having to remove the entire floor. This is in contrast to vinyl sheet flooring, which often requires the entire floor be removed when a section of it is damaged.
- It’s easy to install
- Installation of vinyl flooring planks is a straightforward process. Many vinyl planks come pre-fitted with locking mechanisms that fit together and snap into place. Vinyl sheet installation, on the other hand, requires a high level of skill, precision and experience, so it is best left to professional installers.
- It accurately imitates the look of hardwood
- Many people purchase vinyl because of its ability to imitate natural materials. While vinyl tile and sheet are great at imitating stone, vinyl plank is the best choice for those who are searching for a wood flooring look. The quality of the vinyl will determine how realistic the planks look. Floor Coverings International carries the best quality vinyl plank flooring that offers hyper-realistic imaging of your favorite type of hardwood at a lower price than traditional hardwood floors.
Advantages of Commercial Vinyl Flooring Sheets
Like commercial vinyl flooring planks, vinyl sheets have several unique advantages that make them an attractive vinyl flooring option for many businesses. If you’re trying to decide if vinyl sheets are right for you, consider these benefits:
- It’s affordable
- Vinyl sheet flooring is often less expensive than commercial vinyl flooring planks. This is because vinyl sheet is typically installed in one or two large pieces, meaning it can be mass produced in large rolls, brining the cost down. These savings are passed on to you, making it a very affordable vinyl flooring option.
- It’s extremely moisture-resistant
- All vinyl flooring materials are resistant to water and moisture. However, when compared with other vinyl flooring options, vinyl sheets are the most impervious to moisture. This is because this type of vinyl flooring is installed as a single large sheet, eliminating seams where water can seep into. As long as the sheet is sealed and secured at the edges of the room, water can’t get under your floor and cause damage.
- It offers many design options
- Since vinyl sheet flooring is installed as one contiguous unit, it can be printed with virtually any pattern you want. Manufacturers can print large, unbroken designs across the entire surface of the floor. It can also be designed to imitate natural flooring materials.
Whether you choose commercial vinyl planks or vinyl sheets, Floor Coverings International offers the very best in vinyl flooring. For the perfect commercial floor covering or to schedule a consultation, please call us today!
New Jersey: 856-283-4588
We look forward to hearing from you!