Six Questions You Should Ask Your Commercial Flooring Installer
Because installing commercial flooring is a complicated and labor-intensive process, it’s a good idea to find a certified flooring installer to make sure the job is done right. The commercial floor installers at Floor Coverings International bring decades of experience to every installation job, guaranteeing the kind of quality you would expect from a leader in the flooring industry. No matter who you hire though, there are questions you should always ask your floor covering installer to make sure you’re getting the best person for the job.
Six Questions to Ask Every Commercial Floor Installer
Before you commit to hiring a floor covering installer, there are some crucial pieces of information you’ll need to find out in order to ensure you’re making the right choice. Asking these six questions will help you make the best decision:
- How much will the installation cost?
- Any certified flooring installer will be able to give you an accurate estimate of how much the installation will cost. The estimate will depend on a number of factors, including the flooring material you choose, the area the floor will be installed in and the timelines for the project. It is advisable to get multiple estimates from different certified flooring installers to be sure you are getting a fair price for the installation. Floor Coverings International offers free estimates as part of our free on-site design consultations, where a professional design associate will walk you through the entire installation process.
- What are the available payment options?
- Once you learn approximately how much the installation will cost, you’ll want to ask your floor covering installer about payment options. In some cases you may want to pay upfront, while in other cases, a payment plan may be right for you. A good flooring installer will offer different payment options, so be sure to ask about this. Floor Coverings International offers competitive financing options for our installation jobs in addition to great promotions that make paying for commercial and industrial flooring easy.
- How much flooring material will be needed?
- When your commercial floor installers arrive, they will first measure the flooring area. While it’s a good idea to do your own measurements to get an idea of what to anticipate, expect their estimates to be greater than yours. Flooring installers will typically add at least 10% more flooring to their estimates. This is added to account for any wasted material that is generated as it is cut to fit the exact shape of the room. Be sure to ask your flooring installer how much material they will need so you know exactly how much you’ll need to pay for.
- Will they remove furniture and other items before installation?
- This is an important question to ask, because having to remove everything yourself will add extra labor you’ll need to account for. Some certified flooring installers will remove furniture and other items for you as part of the installation process. Floor Coverings International offers furniture removal with every installation as part of our commitment to make the process as convenient as possible for you.
- Are there storage options during installation?
- Even if your floor coverings installer helps remove items before installation, there is still the question of storage. Ask your installer if they offer any storage options for the duration of the installation process. At Floor Coverings International, we offer the convenience of e-crates to store any items or files throughout the flooring installation.
- After installation, will they return the area to the way it was?
- Ask your commercial floor installer if they will restore the area to the way it was before the flooring installation. This includes cleaning up the area after installation and replacing any furniture that was removed. Floor Coverings International will help you return your space to the way it was so you can get back to work as quickly as possible.
No matter who you hire to be your commercial floor installer, be sure to ask these six questions before you get your floor installed. Floor Coverings International can answer all of these questions and more during your free on-site design consultation. To learn more about the process or to schedule a consultation, please contact us today!
New Jersey: 856-616-9566
We look forward to hearing from you!