Everything You Need to Know About Luxury Vinyl Flooring Tiles
Luxury Vinyl Brings You a Premium Floor at a Competitive Price
While vinyl flooring has been popular in homes and businesses for decades, luxury vinyl has emerged as a premium alternative to this classic flooring style. Luxury vinyl leaps beyond its predecessors by using advanced flooring technology to dominate its category in both quality and versatility. For this reason, many businesses are turning to luxury vinyl flooring tiles for their needs. Floor Coverings International offers premium luxury vinyl tile at a competitive price for those seeking both style and durability for their floor.
How Luxury Vinyl Flooring Tiles Work
Luxury vinyl flooring uses advanced 3D photographic technology to produce hyper-realistic images of natural materials. The surface layer combines this imaging with textures that approximate the desired material to produce realistic, commercial grade luxury vinyl tile. Luxury vinyl flooring tile from Floor Coverings International can produce the look of materials like stone or hardwood using the latest techniques in flooring, brining you the look you want with the benefits of vinyl material.
What You Need to Know When Buying Luxury Vinyl Flooring Tiles
In order to make the best choice for your business, it is important to know a few facts about luxury vinyl flooring tiles, such as:
- Luxury vinyl flooring tile is usually composed of a mixture of vinyl and limestone to achieve a durable and realistic-looking floor. The floor has a total of four layers:
- Aluminum oxide layer: This is a protective layer designed to prevent damage from scratches and wear and tear from foot traffic.
- Clear film layer: The clear film lies under the aluminum oxide layer and protects against more heavy-duty damage, such as ripping or tearing.
- Design layer: The photo-realistic image of the desired material is displayed here. It is preserved by the protective layers on top of it.
- Backing layer: This layer makes up the bulk of the floor’s structure. 90% of the luxury vinyl flooring thickness comes from this structural layer.
- Luxury vinyl flooring is the highest-end vinyl flooring available, in part because of its ability to capture the aesthetic of different materials with great precision and accuracy. Because of this, it typically costs more than traditional vinyl floors. However, commercial floor tile made from luxury vinyl is more affordable than expensive high-end materials such as stone, according to the World Floor Covering Association.
- Luxury vinyl flooring is classified as a “resilient flooring” due to its high level of durability. According to Consumer Reports, vinyl and luxury vinyl are highly resistant to scratches, dents, stains, sunlight discoloration and general wear and tear. Floor Coverings International offers commercial grade luxury vinyl tile that can handle virtually any business environment.
- Caring for luxury vinyl flooring tile is a straightforward process. The World Floor Covering Association recommends regular sweeping and vacuuming to keep the floor clean. Water is also acceptable for spot-cleaning the floor. While some cleaning products are acceptable to use, it is important to avoid using detergents or “mop and shine” products, as these can damage your floor. The professional design associates at Floor Coverings International can answer any questions about cleaning products during your free On-Site Design Consultation.
Many businesses are choosing luxury vinyl flooring tiles as their preferred floor. For more information on commercial floor tiles or to schedule a consultation, please call us today!
New Jersey: 856-283-4588
We look forward to hearing from you!