1. Choosing the flooring based only on price. The cost of the flooring and installation is important, but it is equally important to consider safety, durability, care and maintenance, as well as comfort. In addition, you may decide to install different types of flooring for different areas, for example kitchens and bathrooms require commercial flooring options that can withstand moisture, heavy foot traffic and are easy to clean. Offices and conference rooms, however, typically have less traffic which allows you to choose a different type of flooring.
2. Cutting corners by skipping quality installation. To ensure that the flooring you choose lasts, proper installation is a must, in kitchens or bathrooms you may need to add drains, and for carpeting in high traffic areas, go for thicker padding. These installation upgrades will help to keep the long term maintenance costs to a minimum.
3. Lack of maintenance staff training and tools. Once you have the desired flooring, the maintenance staff will need to be trained on how to care for the flooring. By providing maintenance with the training, tools and resources, you can protect your flooring investment whether it’s commercial laminate, vinyl, rubber or tiles.
Now that you know what mistakes to avoid when considering commercial flooring options, have a quick look at some of our popular commercial flooring options.
- Commercial vinyl flooring. Vinyl flooring today has a vast array of colors and styles, quick and easy clean up, durability and affordability make it a popular choice for just about any commercial area. This is a great choice for commercial kitchen flooring options as well because it’s comfortable to walk on and can withstand heavy foot traffic.
- Rubber flooring has become increasingly popular because it is slip resistant, cushioned, PVC free, durable, resistant to mold and mildew, and is a rapidly renewable resource. Commercial rubber flooring costs more than vinyl, however, the advantages outweigh the cost..
- Commercial laminate flooring is durable, solid, and affordable. Laminate flooring is a good choice for high traffic areas and it’s stain resistant.
- Commercial tiles come in a variety of colors and styles, long-lasting, low maintenance care and are healthier than other options as it carries minimal to no volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Floor Coverings International wants to help you decide the best commercial flooring options. Let our Design Associates come to you with our commercial mobile showroom. Choosing commercial flooring is convenient and efficient when you work with our professional team.
Learn more about us at here. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please call us today!
New Jersey: 856-616-9566 Pennsylvania: 215-757-3377 Vermont: 802-891-9264
We look forward to hearing from you!
Commercial Flooring Options | Commercial Flooring Option